June 11, 2007

Kayaking Trip

We spent the weekend in Pismo, CA with my family camping. Most of us went kayaking Saturday morning. The group was my mom, dad, Kris (brother), Heather (his girlfriend), Martin (brother-in-law), Chris (his son), Timmy (his other son), Travis and me. Most of us have been before so we didn't expect this time to be as crazy as it was. My mom and dad got flipped on their way out into the ocean so I guess we should have known what was coming. All together they flipped four times. I got knocked out once as did Heather. Bother Kris and Travis stayed in tact for whatever reason! On our way back to shore to end this crazy adventure my mom and dad went down which by this time was expected (sorry mom and dad), my brother-in-law and Timmy went down four times in a row!! And both our tour guides ate it while trying to help all of them back into their kayaks. Travis, Kris, Heather, Chris and I were safely on shore watching this whole debacle take place. My brother took pictures of the mess but you'll have to wait while we get those pictures developed.




Yes, that is a sea otter rolled up in the kelp massaging his head.Beach full of birds.There were swells that they had you try to ride to go between rocks. As you can see it was dangerous because if you missed the swell you would be shipwrecked on the rocks until another one came to push you off. We made it but once we were through a wave hit us and I got knocked out.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Your kayaking adventure seems a little more intense than any kayaking I've ever done. I went down in Baja a couple years ago, but never had swells big enough to knock me out of the kayak! Um, and going through those rocks looks pretty sketchy...

The Olsons said...

That looks like you had alot of fun Kayaking! That would be way too much for me to handle. I just reserved my copy of Eclipse so you should be proud of me!!!

Amanda said...

Um, by the way, what's with the link to the Pirates of the Great Salt Lake trailer? You're not seriously excited for that movie to come out... seriously?!?! I mean, it's totally cool if you are, we just can't be friends anymore. Sorry.