July 17, 2007

'Chariots of Fire'

Travis and I were driving to San Francisco for a work function this afternoon and we saw smoke in the distance. We thought it was a wildfire because there have been a few around here this summer. As we approached we saw that there was a fire burning out of control, but it had been started by a car that had flipped off the freeway.

4 comments:

Sarah H said...

Man, I hope the person got out before the car started burning. It's crazy that there weren't any ambulances, firetrucks, or police...or at least none in the video.

I was also surprised to see how black the ground was from burning.

The Harrisons said...

There was one CHP officer there when we drive by, but we saw firetrucks coming. I couldn't find anything in the news about if anyone was hurt.

The Olsons said...

I can't believe that. Hopefully no one got hurt that is terrible. Where did you see guys see it?
It was probably too late if it burned that bad, probably slim chance that anyone was able to get out.

The Harrisons said...

It was on the 280 and just north of Palo Alto/Stanford.