
Today I finally finished my quilt. It feels so good to be done. I've been working on this thing for a long time. I brought my sewing machine back from California over the summer. I figured with Thursdays and Fridays off I would have plenty of time to work on some projects. I bought most of the fabric in California and some once I got back here, but never really started working on it until Thanksgiving. My sewing machine was giving me so many problems that I had to use
Hillory Dahle's until I could have my mother-in-law look at it. Turns out I may just have had the bobbin in backwards! Hey, I don't have my owners manual so how could I know! I worked some more on it around Christmas, but I wasn't sewing the pieces together evenly so I was getting really frustrated. Travis' mom asked if I was pinning the pieces together and I admitted that I wasn't. "Well there's your problem" she said!
Ok,
ok, so after that I was very diligent about pinning! It's definitely not perfect, but I'm glad that it's done. You may notice that it's a baby quilt for a girl, but don't worry there is no bun in the oven. I just didn't want to take on a quilt any larger. And now that I've done this one I doubt I will ever take on a quilt much larger!

The whole back is made with the white, raised dots called minky. It's super soft and velvety.
12 comments:
I love love love it! So cute, now I need you to make me one!
Kat, that is SO cute! It looks like it would have taken so much time! Good job!
Very talented Kat. I'm impressed!! The recipient is very lucky, or are you keeping it for yourself?
Your quilt looks great. Sewing is hard work.
I love it!! It makes me want to curl up and take a little nap. Way to go!
It looks really cute. You did a great job.
Thanks for all your compliments! I am keeping it for myself ;)
Way Cute Kat, now all you need is a cute little baby to wrap it around!!!
I'm super impressed. What talent you have!
Hey Kat! I just stumbled onto your blog today! I love that quilt, it's adorable! I'll have to get your email address so I can send you the invite to our blog! It was good to see you Sunday!
--Ashby
Hey I LOVE your adorable quilt. I didn't know you were so talented. :) You should send me the patern or just let me know where you found how to make it. I would love to make one! Maybe for a little baby. So if I would want it to be done for when the baby is born...I should start now cause I'm sure it would take me a couple years. haha Too Cute!!
Hey, I need your email address so I can add you to my comment list.
Post a Comment