My parents flew into town for Travis' graduation. We decided to make the most of their trip and visit as much as we could in D.C. Except for the fact that I was sick, I think everyone had a great time.
First up on the itinerary was Iwo Jima. If you look closely you can see the capital building and Washington Monument in the background. Unfortunately, it must have been national field trip day. There were several groups of students in matching shirts walking through your pictures. Oh, and don't mind my Dad holding the newspaper. We probably took more pictures posing with that newspaper than not. If my Dad sends in a picture with that newspaper they publish it in one of their sections.
Next up was the Arlington National Cemetery. We had perfect weather for walking!
Good 'ol Abe. I think this is one of my favorite memorials!
Mom and me.

The next day we went to the Temple to see the Joseph Smith movie. We had our own personal theatre! It was definitely better seeing it a second time. I don't know if anyone knows, but Travis was actually in the movie! It was back when we were living in Provo when he signed up to be an extra. You should ask him to tell you about it. Let me just say that it is the best nose wiping you've ever seen on film!
Mom and me.
And who couldn't go to D.C without peeking into one of their great museums. My fav is the Museum of Natural History. I love this place and the part I like best is the bones exhibit.
That pretty much winds up our tour in D.C. Next up on their visit is graduation in C'ville!
4 comments:
I love the gem exhibit at the Natural Science Museum! Fun times.
p.s. Why is your Dad holding a newspaper?
awe! i love your parents!
You were sick??... You're pregnant!!!
jk
Post a Comment