July 23, 2008

Two Weeks Left...

I thought since we have two weeks left in Charlottesville I'd share the things that we are leaving behind (in no particular order).

Two weeks left of...

1. having a forest as our back yard.

2. friends that we've made here.

3. Raising Cane's chicken fingers and dipping sauce. I think the closest one from us will be in Vegas which I wouldn't be opposed to driving 9-10 hours for a fix.

4. rent that is somewhat reasonable.

5. no closet space (that one is for Travis because I'm pretty much taking up all the closet space that we do have).

6. not having our own washer and dryer.

7. our upstairs neighbors throwing bread on our balcony so we constantly have squirrels on it.

8. not having to pay for utilities/cable/Internet. I have loved that by the way! Thank you student housing. I'm sure our A/C bills are atrocious even during the winter.

9. furniture that's not ours and is so bulky and heavy that it could quite possibly withstand the drop from our balcony (which I have thought about doing if I could lift them over the railing).

10. a full size bed. Queen baby here we come!

11. work-for me.

12. cleaning the dishes by hand (no dishwasher for 3 years! I don't know how we have lasted this long).

7 comments:

Amanda said...

It goes by way too fast doesn't it? I'd have to agree with numbers 1,2,4,5,6,8 & 12 for sure. I miss Chipotle and Five Guys more than I thought I would so that would replace number 3 for me. Our upstairs neighbors in Cville would fight at like 3 am and she'd cry hysterically, but now we've got a ghetto Mom yelling at her daughter at about 11 pm every night. Oh the trade-offs. Live it up for those last 2 weeks. You'll miss it more than you think you will when you look back!

Marin said...

Hey Kat,
So sorry. I think I did get your email, but i don't know what happened. My Aunt said the fabric is...hmm...I forget, wait ohh yeah the AMerican Jane collection. I've been already traking it down in stores and they are pretty much all out. So your best guess is to order online. It is just really expensive! Goodluck!
Maybe we will see you soon. We will be in Sacramento Aug.

Marin said...

Hey Kat!
I am really loving this short hair thing! It feels sooo GOOD!
Oh soo sorry, I am not sure what the pattern was on the quilt. My Aunt does them free hand I think. But I'm not sure. I'll let you know if she ever gets back to me. She's a busy lady. Miss you! Hey when are you going out to CA??

Anonymous said...

k, i can't even believe its been 3 years! holy moly. kat, ew, squirrels on your porch- not ok.

as for matt and monkey. i saw it on people.com she was sooo annoying, i was way rooting for the other girl. and as for deanna and jesse, there's a pic of her in her wedding dress...

Margaret said...

amen sistah, i hate washing dishes because we dont have a dishwasher. Have fun in california, and know the whole time that you are there that I am sitting in utah...STILL...and wishing I could be out where you are. Have fun with the move lady!

Sarah H said...

We are upgrading to a Queen size bed too! I can't wait. Our current matteress isn't so great.

Kristen said...

I'm with you on almost all of those! Except we're the ones who throw moldy bread down below. But we try to throw it away from the building and not on our downstairs neighbor's porch. It's going to be sad to leave!