I love watching Martha Stewart and sometimes she shows a craft that I just have to try! Back in December she had a girl on that showed how to make
flowers out of zippers. I thought it was such a great idea! I went to my local fabric stores and couldn't find any of the zippers that she used. She used zippers with metal teeth and the fabric of the zippers were in cool colors. The zippers at the stores had plastic teeth that matched the fabric so there wasn't much of a contrast, which I think makes them so unique. They do have black and white zippers at the store with metal teeth, but I wanted fun colors. I searched high and low online and I did find a couple places where I could order them, unfortunately they were super expensive! I was talking to Travis' mom about my problem to see if she knew where I could find what I wanted. She just so happened to have seen exactly what I was looking for in her mom's things! She put them in the mail right away. She sent me her mother's stash and it was more than I could have asked for. There were beautiful, vintage zippers in a pretty purple, a light and dark green and white. Each zipper makes two flowers so I was wondering what I could do with the extra. I thought it was a good idea to make the ones I wanted and then use the extras to make flowers for Travis' sisters/in law. I also bought some pink and purple plastic ones for all the nieces in both our families.


I like to bobby pin mine in my hair. You can attach a brooch pin and wear it as a brooch, or pin it to a bag, there are numerous things you can do with them.

All of the girls with our flowers.

Here are the nieces on my side of the family with the flowers. I attached a hairband to theirs.
11 comments:
ah! love them! so cute.
so cute! So crafty! You girls look sooo darling with the flowers in your hair! Maybe you will have to make a baby girls headband with one send it on to our little baby girl!!!! How's the pregnancy going? I am just sooo EXCITED!!!! I really want to come down and visit you before I deliver these twins! You will have to let me know how your schedule is!
You are my hero! You are so crafty and just plain good at everything. These zipper flowers are amazing. Were they pretty easy? You should sell things on Etsy.com
those are soooo cute!!!!
those are the cutest things i have ever seen!! you are so crafty!!
Those are so cute!! You have to teach me how to make those!
Those are so cute! (Just like everyone else said...) You've inspired me to try them, too.
Ditto to what Kristen (and everyone else said.) I love all the fun things you've made and posted. You are so talented! I might just need to try to make them too.
Those are adorable! How fun!
thanks for putting the link on your blog. I sent it to my daughter-in-law. I want to send you a blog for you to look at b/c my friend made some cute wall things I can see you making-you are so talented...http://staceyandbrodymiller.blogspot.com/
go to her blog entry friday, august 21, 2009 (just if you want to...)
those are so cute!! Love them! I'm excited for your baby. I just started looking at your blog. marin says you have so many fun ideas.
Post a Comment