I've been working on a lot of projects lately to try and get them done before the baby comes. Here are a few...


This pine cone wreath was a mammoth of a project. Here is the tutorial. If I knew how long it was going to take me (3-4 hours a day for 2 weeks) I would have thought twice about attempting it. Now that it's done though, and hanging up, I am glad I accomplished it. When my mom was in town we made a stop at Michael's and found a bin of mini pine cones for 80% off! Each bag was less than a dollar! We got a lot of bags because we weren't sure how many I would need. I didn't even come close to using them all, but a lot of them were unusable because they were malformed. Our place was such a mess while I was working on it. Pine cones were everywhere; all over the table and on the floor. I couldn't pick up the ones off the floor since most of them were under the table. Travis lovingly did once I was done. I think he was just so glad that I was finally finished that he would do anything to get the area cleaned up. Oh, and did I mention that they were scented? As I slaved over this wreath it felt like my nose hairs were being singed off from breathing in the scented fumes.
I saw another tutorial on how to make this ornament wreath. It is super easy and I think it looks really good. I found the ornaments at the Dollar Tree. They actually have a lot of cute Christmas decorations there if you've never checked them out. You can't beat paying a dollar for these ornaments.


I saw something like this in a store displaying things, but it wasn't for sale. I figured it would be easy to find some door knobs and a scrap piece of wood in my dad's wood shop to easily pull it together. I love going to antique shops and I found all the door knobs there. Some were expensive and others were really cheap so it cost a little more than I thought it would. I love it though and it was the easiest project I've done in a while. All I did was screw some holes in the board, counter sink the holes, find screws that fit the door knobs (they almost all needed different sizes/lengths) and paint the board! I love how it turned out!
7 comments:
Holy freaking cow, Kat!! I can't believe you've done all of that. Well, actually, I can. You are so crafty. I so wish we lived closer so you would motivate me to make things like this. I tried making a scrapbook strips wreath. I haven't finished it yet cause it was taking way too long. I'm kind of an instant gratification type. haha don't judge. But seriously, SO fun!! I love all your creations
So cute you nesting mama you! I especially love the ornament wreath, well, actually, I love all of them, but I think I could actually.. possibly... at some future moment have the attention span to actually do that one:)
Can't wait for the arrival of your wee one! You can bet I'll be checking your blog every day!
I don't know if I could ever attempt a wreath like that, but it looks great! The glass door knob reminds me of the one we have on our bathroom door. Almost all our nobs are antique since our house was built in 1920. You put my craftiness to shame! Wish we lived closer together so we could collaborate!
SOOO cute, Kate! I love them all! Especially the doorknob thing. What a great idea. I have a wreath similar to the ornament one (but it's bells) and I love it. Yours looks amazing!
p.s. Your pine cone wreath looks so professional. Seeing all your handiwork makes me want to make something.c
I think your pine cone wreath looks absolutely fabulous!! I love it! Good job!
Dang, Kat! All three are darling! Way to go. We might have to start calling you Auntie Martha. We can just add it to your list of nicknames! I'm thinking about you and wondering when Beau will make his appearance. For your sake, I hope it's soon, and for his sake I hope it's in 2009. I'm feeling bad that Elizabeth is going to have to go to nursery until she's 4! Although, it might be a good thing that she'll be the most mature in her primary classes. I think December 30th would be good. It's out of the 20's to it doesn't seem too close to Christmas, but it's not New Year's Eve. We'll see! Love you!
Post a Comment