April 23, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

It was our 4th wedding anniversary yesterday. I feel like I should feel different, like how you think you should feel a year older and wiser for your birthday, but you don't. We like to say to each other we've been married for this long and nothing to show for it (in the kids department, that is)! Anyway, the 4th year is the year for flowers. My family has been very sweet to get us gifts for every anniversary. Our first year we were married they sent us a big box full of paper goods like paper plates, paper napkins, and notepads. Our second year we enjoyed gifts of cotton which were some nice sheets and beach towels. The third year they decided to give us both the traditional and modern gifts of a leather basketball (with our anniversary date on it) and crystal lovebirds. Since it's the year for flowers they gave us a fuchsia plant. I've been wanting to buy some kind of foliage for our balcony so it's nice to have something now. I just hope I can keep it alive.
More to come about our anniversary after this weekend...

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Thats so cute that your parents do that! Your mom has always been so creative. Happy 4th year!

Marin said...

YEAH CONGRATS you guys!!!! It seems like yesterday that we were at the temple with you both!! Thank you both for being such a great example. Those flowers are beautiful!! I hope they stay alive for you! I have fake plants on our patio since we never see the sun. We miss you guys!

Melissa and Bryan said...

Happy anniversary!! Can you believe it's been four years already!? We will be married 5 coming this June! Crazy! And yes you definitely need to come over and go swimming when it warms up again!

Melissa and Bryan said...

Oh and can't wait to hear more about your anniversary!!!

Blake and Audra said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you guys. Can I just say that Blake and I say the exact same thing that we've been married this long with nothing to show for it. haha I know exactly how you feel. I'm hoping the 4th year for us (in August) brings baby! haha I sure miss ya!

Sarah H said...

Happy Annivesary