October 30, 2009

San Diego

We just got back from a great trip to San Diego. Travis had a work conference down there and we thought it would be fun to make a little vacay out of it.

The beautiful view from our hotel room.

Our first day started with Travis' best friend, Brad, and his wife picking us up for lunch. We wanted to try a pizza place that we saw on Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives. That show hasn't let us down yet. It was delicious!!
We spent the rest of Travis' lunch break by walking around an outdoor mall. Kirstie and I met two hotties while walking through one of the stores.

The next day we walked around our hotel and Seaport Village. This picture doesn't do it justice, but we saw the biggest yachts outside our hotel. I can only imagine what they cost.

We tried going to Hodad's for dinner the first night, but the line was out the door and down the street. We also saw a sign that said they were out of bacon! That's the whole reason why I wanted to eat there. We tried again the next night and got there earlier. We walked straight in and got a table and they had bacon a plenty! It was pretty good except their burgers were giant grease balls and I somehow spilled all over myself. The bacon "pattie" on my cheeseburger hit the spot though!

We visited Old Town, got some fudge samples (our husbands wouldn't let us buy any) and got scared to death by a man who we thought was a mannequin, but was real.

Saturday we saw some seals at La Jolla Shores and then headed over to Torrey Pines Gliderport to watch hang gliders do tricks.
Unfortunately, it wasn't very windy and we only saw two paragliders take off and they didn't do anything special. We then headed back to Brad's to watch BYU get their butts kicked by TCU.

On Sunday we went to Balboa Park to see the world's largest outdoor organ. They give free concerts every Sunday so we enjoyed a few songs and the nice weather.

Thanks for everything Brad and Kirstie!

5 comments:

Marin said...

HOW FUN!! I'm so glad you guys got to go on a little vacation before the baby comes!! I wish Justin and I did that. Okay so we love that Food show and have been wanting to go get the best TACO's ever that are supposedly in San Diego!! As far as para-gliders go maybe you saw my dad and brother-in-law!! They actually are paraglidding right now!! And then yeah how sad that BYU totally LOST! What happened?!! Poor BYU! Now they aren't ranked :( Well you look great KAT!!!! Keep that baby cookin!

Kara said...

Sounds like it was a great trip!! I especially liked the hotties you ran into at the mall. I would have been tempted to steal those cardboard cutouts...seriously. I love that you go to the Diners Drive ins and Dive restaurants. I want to go to one now!

Amanda said...

Oh the things I love about San Diego! Though I've never been to either of those restaurants. Next time I guess. I've always wanted to try a Triple D (as Guy says) joint. One of these days he'll come to Rochester.

Kirstie said...

we had so much fun with you guys!! you have to come back soon!!

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

Good times. You're getting so preggers! Are you so excited? We need to talk again soon. You look great!