Life with a baby has been so exhausting! It has been so much fun though loving and cuddling our little guy.
So here is how everything went down...
We had an induction scheduled for early Friday morning. We had to call before we went in to make sure they had a room available for us. We were all packed and ready to go when I called at 7:30 and was told to call back at 9. We were so dissappointed. We called back at 9 and were told to call back at 12. To kill the time we went to Border's and walked around Target. We called at 12 and were turned down once again. We came home and fixed some lunch, and wondered if we were even going to meet our little guy that day. At 2 it was Travis' turn to call (we were taking turns) and the nurse finally said to come in! We were so excited! We got our stuff and hurried to the hospital.
We got set up in our room and were told about the different induction options. Since I had been showing no progress at my last appointments we were assuming we would have to go with the process that could take up to 20 hours before they could even start the induction of labor by administering pitocin. They hooked me up with the fetal monitor and the monitor that measures my contractions and apparently I was having contractions every 7-10 minutes and I was dialated to 3cm and 50% effaced. This was all news to us. I was in labor and didn't even know it! I was started right away on pitocin and Travis officially started the clock on my labor at 4:30 pm. As my contractions progressed I definitely started to feel them. I opted for an epidural before they started getting more intense. Why deal with the pain when I didn't have to. The epidural was received and I was in heaven! It went to work right away and I couldn't feel a thing. I was checked again at 9 pm and had only progressed to 4.5 cm. I wasn't moving very fast. We had a feeling it was going to be a long night. They upped the pitocin and we continued to wait. The Dukes of Hazzard was on TV and Travis decided to watch it because the main character is named Beauregard "Bo" Duke. Travis joked that we would tell Beau that he got his name because the Dukes of Hazzard was on TV when he was born. Five minutes until midnight I was checked again and the doctor was surprised. She said you are not going to believe this, but you are 10 cm, 100% effaced and his head is ready to come out! My nurse was on break for another 20 minutes so they wanted to wait until she came back for me to start pushing. She came back and I started pushing. Less than 40 minutes later he was born! It was a lot easier than Travis and I had expected. I feel like the recovery has been the hardest part thus far.
We love our chunky monkey and feel so blessed that everything went well and that Beau is a part of our family.





16 comments:
OH MY GOSH!! Talk about a doll! Kat, he is amazing. I'm sure you already knew that. He has the most perfectly shaped head and he totally has your nose. Congratulations! I'm very glad to hear that it wasn't as bad as you were thinking it would be. That makes me hopeful for my experience in about 5 months. :) I'm so glad he is here and healthy. Keep those pictures coming. Love ya!!
I love it! Thanks for posting! My favorite picture is the one of him in the white hat and blanket. So precious. And the ones of him and Trav sleeping are so sweet.
He is so gorgeous!! I love hearing your story! How great to be having contractions and not even know it! No one can prepare you for the recovery afterwards. I know I was blown away too! Everyone talks about the delivery but know one mentions the recovery! HAng in there! It's exhausting, but well worth it! He is so precious! What a handsome little guy!
What a sweetie! He is so cute. Glad your delivery went so well. Recovery is REALLY hard. I'm with you on that. It took me a long time to feel normal again. Hopefully it's better for you.
wow! that's great that it went so well! he is SOOO precious! can't wait to meet him. :)
I can't wait to come see you guys again. He is such a cutie!! I'm so glad that everything went well. Make sure the dermoplast is on hand at all times : )!!
So I was blog stalking tonight and saw your post. Congrats on the baby, he is so adorable!
Amy Sorensen
Congrats you guys! He is a doll!
YAY!! Im so glad hes here and everything went so well! Good to hear its easier than people make it out to be. Or at least yours was easy, that gives the rest of us hope. Hope the recovery goes quickly:)
He is absolutely darling!
What a sweet little guy! Congratulations!
I'm amazed at how long it took you to push out that little chunker! It took me over two hours with Ethan and he was 2 lbs. lighter! He's adorable. Congrats!
Wow, that sounds like it went by fast Kate! We're looking forward to more baby pics!
Awesome pictures! He is A.dorable! Could you send me your address?
Beautiful pictures.
Congrats, you guys! He is a stud! Where are you guys in California? There is a small chance that we will be moving out there also!
Post a Comment