January 06, 2010

What a Day!

Still no baby!  I am now officially 41 weeks.  I had an appointment this morning and no progress.  My Dr. was concerned that I had some signs of preeclampsia so I was instructed to get some blood work done and head over to Labor and Delivery for some monitoring.  I also had to pee in like a thousand cups!  Preeclampsia is bad, but finally getting to meet our little guy today was exciting news!  I was monitored for over an hour while they waited for my lab results.  Turns out everything is fine and I don't have preeclampsia so I was free to go.  They just wanted to make sure there was enough fluid for the baby with an ultrasound.  During the ultrasound the Dr. wasn't finding as much fluid around the baby as she would like so she said that I might be getting induced today afterall.  And then he moved and she measured a big pocket of fluid.  Finally, she concluded that there was enough and I was free to go.  For real this time.  I'm glad we are both healthy, but a little sad that we are going to have to wait a little longer to meet him.  It's looking more and more like Friday is going to be the day!

I have really loved being pregnant and I'm a little sad that it will be coming to an end.  The first trimester was a little rough for me, but once the morning sickness passed I have been loving it.  I'm glad that being pregnant is something I can look forward to and not dred for future offspring! 

Our bags are packed, hair cut/color done, legs shaved, toenails painted (thanks to Travis-he did a great job), apartment clean, meals frozen, room set up, clothes washed, carseat installed, books read, and an empty frame on our mantel for our first picture as a new family.  Am I missing anything?  I just need the baby!!  Wish me luck!

11 comments:

Megan said...

I'm obsessively checking you blog--in hopes of seeing a sweet new baby!
Good luck on Friday--you'll be great.
And you look AMAZING!!! Seriously--heels at 41 weeks? You're a rock star:)

Nathan & Michelle Watabe said...

I'm praying for you guys! I hope you go on your own, but if not it's nice to know you'll be done on Friday! That is so crazy, it's two days away! I cannot wait to see pictures. I'm sure he's going to be so cute. Although I think I've warned you not to be disappointed if he's a little funny looking at first. That happens. They get way cuter. But knowing you, he'll be beautiful from day one!

Ashby said...

I keep checking in to see if there's any news! So glad to hear there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck with everything on Friday!

Amanda said...

I think I looked miserable for being 40 weeks pregnant. You on the other hand, you handle pregnancy very well! And you are so prepared! I don't remember if I even shaved my legs the week before I had Ethan... haha. And I was going to say something about the empty frame, but you've got it covered. Amazing! Good luck and you'll be in our thoughts and prayers for a speedy delivery!

Morgan Moore said...

Oh you are an adorable Mama and I know how it feels to have to wait! He'll be here before you know it! Good luck!

Blake and Audra said...

I can't stop looking at your blog like... every few hours to see if you've had him and how you're doing. I'm SO excited to see his adorable little face! You look gorgeous, as always. I I hope everything goes perfectly fine for you guys. I know it will. Good Luck!

Kirstie said...

we are so excited for you guys!! we can't wait to see the little guy!

Kara said...

Good Luck!!!! I can't wait to meet this little man!

Sarah H said...

We're praying for you. Hope it's an easy delivery.

Karie said...

Yeah! I can't wait to see pictures of your little boy! Hope your delivery goes smoothly!

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

So exciting! So today is Friday...I wonder if he's here yet! I'll be checking your blog and my email regularly for any news :)