October 13, 2011

The Help

Beau is my help around the house. Especially around dinner time. I'll sneak away to the kitchen to work on dinner while Beau is playing and watching Sesame Street. I usually only get a couple seconds head start because as soon as he hears me getting things out he'll make a bee line for my side. When he sees that all my racket involves food then he makes a bee line to the kitchen table to grab a chair. He pushes the chair, all by himself, up next to where ever I happen to be in the kitchen. Whether that's at the stove, at the sink or at the counter. He usually likes to sample whatever I'm making, stir whatever I'm stirring, and play with whatever is in his reach.

On this day he stood on his chair next to me and linked his arm with mine as I prepared the cilantro and he played with the stems, bubbles and a ziploc bag. I set up the camera and as soon as he heard the self-timer beeping he leaned forward and said "cheeeeeeese." Now if only he could smile while he says cheese then we would be golden!

As long as I don't find any poos in my chocolate pies, Beau will always be my help in the kitchen! (If you've seen or read The Help then you should get that reference).

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I love that boy...glad he is such a great helper!

Melissa said...

Isn't that a great book/movie? I am so glad that you have such a cute helper!!!