May 19, 2007

Missouri

We ended that night in Columbia, Missouri, home of the University of Missouri. We possibly stayed at the worst hotel in the city. Here are my reasons:
1.The floor felt dirty and after walking around in our room my feet felt like I had a layer of sticky film on the bottom.
2.The comforter had a huge hole in it.
3.The shower was so loud it sounded like you were standing next to a waterfall.
4.Most hotels have a chain for the inside of the door. Ours did but it was broken.
5. The worst part was when the door was shut you could still see through it into the hall. I hope no one was spying on us!
6. While we were sleeping someone called the hotel phone at 2AM, which woke both of us up!
7. Oh, and no continental breakfast.
The next morning we drove through some of the Missouri campus then headed out. Our next stop was at Liberty Jail. Joseph Smith was kept there for a time and it was interesting to see the jail the church rebuilt to the exact measurements and specifications. He and 3 others where kept there through the winter in the dungeon. And to give you an idea of how cold it was, when the jail was a jail no more they used it to store ice! Can you believe staying in there without any blankets being that cold! I don't think I could handle it.

1 comment:

Sarah H said...

What a scary gross hotel. Sounds like a hotel I stayed at in Toeldo. yuck.