May 19, 2007

Utah!

We continued driving and made it to Laramie, Wyoming Wednesday night where the hotel was much better. We made it to Utah Thursday afternoon around 1. It was so nice to be back and to see my friends. Marin was nice enough to let Travis and I stay there two nights. Margaret and Laura Jordan drove to Provo from Salt Lake to meet us for dinner at the Brick Oven (a pizza joint). We went back to Marin's house and us girls stayed up until around 1 in the morning reliving the fun times we had together growing up. Marin has some great photo albums that we looked through in which all of us had at least one embarrassing picture. Friday we walked around the new and improved BYU campus, ran some errands and had dinner with one of Travis' friends, Dave. We left at 6am to start our drive to California. Nevada was pretty worthless the whole way through. It wasn't until we got to Reno that it started looking better and then through the California mountains was the prettiest part of the whole trip. Unfortunately we both were driving a car or I would have taken pictures. We arrived in Santa Clara and our new apartment around 4 that afternoon. I haven't had much time to see the area, but the weather has been amazing. We drove around the Stanford campus which is a few blocks from where Travis' law firm is. The buildings were pretty, but the landscape isn't very nice. I guess I'm just used to Virginia and everything being green. We didn't take pictures, but we will when we go back and walk around.

The new Alumni center. Not quite finished yet as you can tell.

The finished JFSB courtyard.

New cougar statue in the sports center.

1 comment:

Marin said...

Yeaahhh I took those cute pictures of Kat and travis!! I miss you guys. Looks like your having TONS of FUN!
- Marin